Thanksgiving is coming but this year it may be a little different due to social distancing and we should have less gathering. However, that doesn’t stop us from GOOD FOOD!
This homemade caramelized onion dip is not only healthy but it is also appetizing! It’s definitely a perfect pair with chips or bread! It can be served as appetizer or even as a side dish!
Caramelized Onion Dips
Yield : 2-3 servings
Time : 20 minutes
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 tbsp oil
- 0.5 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 2 oz of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Parsley and black pepper for taste
- Chop your yellow onion into small pieces
- Heat the pan, then add in the oil.
- When the oil is heated, sauté your onion until they’re golden brown.
- Add in sweet soy sauce, mix well. Sauté the onions until desired texture. For me, I love them soft and creamy so I simmered it for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then, turn of the heat. Mix in softened cream cheese as well as the greek yogurt.
- Season it with the spices and the onion dip is ready to be served!
Note: you can make ahead and fridge the onion dips. It’ll still taste good!
Would you want to eat it with chips, bread or?? Comment and let me know!