Since I was young, I am a big fan of cheesecake. I have a small appetite, yet I can finish a whole slice of cheesecake all by myself. From this, you may be able tell how deep my love is in with cheesecake.
When I was not yet exposed to the baking world, I always think that it is hard to make a yummy cheesecake and of course, cream cheese was not something that is accessible back in my home. It was considered as luxury food. That means, I can only have them during special occasions like my birthday, as a reward for my good behavior or my good results in school.
However, now things have changed. The place that I live right now, has cheeses as part of their daily diet!! Thus, cream cheese has become an ingredient that is common in the grocery store!
With my passion in baking, I started to try various recipes to make cheesecake, from the simplest to the fanciest. It is not only fun to make, but also you will be able to modify the ingredients as you like. I know that there are recipes that need more than hours to bake or require special ingredients but today, let me share with you a simple and time-efficient way to satisfy your sweet tooth!
This recipe has 0 added sugar with only 150 calories and it takes you only 15 minutes preparation time.
Easy Matcha Mini Cheesecake Recipe
Yield : 6 mini cheesecakes
Time : 15 minutes active time + 20 minutes baking time
- 4oz of cream cheese (room temp)
- 1.5 tbps Matcha powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tbps white chocolate chips
- 6 cookies
- Preheat your oven to 300F.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave. About 15-30 seconds will be sufficient. Stir well and leave it aside to cool down.
Note: You can add in some butter to make it less concentrated.
- Prepare six ramekins and line in the baking paper cups.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until they are creamy. Mix in the melted chocolate and matcha powder.
- Next, beat in the egg. Remember not to over-beat the mixture. Once the egg incorporates with the mixture, the batter is ready.
- Place a piece of cookies as the base of the cheesecake. Then, scoop in the batter.
- Put six of them into a bigger tray that filled with water and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Gently shake the cheesecake. If only a small circle in the center jiggles slightly, it is done.
- Refrigerate for more than 4 hours and ENJOY!
Common issue : Cracked Top
Reason : High oven temperature
Solution: Bake your cheesecake with lower rack in the oven / Lower the temperature / Water bath solution should help
Reason : Over-beaten batter
Solution : Beat the egg gently into the mixture. Stop once it incorporates well.